Customer Experience Specialist with 2nd language (FRENCH/GERMAN)
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
As a member of the Customer Experience team, the Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for delighting and empowering the customer (both business and consumer); ensuring customer needs are identified and addressed in a timely, accurate and engaging manner.
This role requires the ability to effectively balance productivity and quality through working a variety of customer cases in several customer queues using different communication channels (email/phone).
- Deliver superior levels of customer support throughout the B2B and B2C customer relationship from completion of onboarding and throughout the customer relationship
- Own all customer experience support cases, ensuring queries are addressed and resolved promptly, and professionally (via email and/or phone in both English and French/German), in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, whilst ensuring comprehensive records of all interactions are maintained within the strategic CRM platform (Salesforce)
- Effectively manage AML requirements at customer onboarding including:
o All CDD activity
o PEP and Sanctions screening
o Reviewing and verifying customer information
o Raising of suspicious transactions/activities to the MLRO
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise to meet the needs of all customers in a dynamic and fast-growing business through continuous skills, knowledge and process improvement and active participation in team training
- Work as a team player, taking on additional responsibilities as the role evolves.
Skills and Experience
- Fluent English with superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Applicants MUST also have fluent French/German
- A demonstrable track record in customer service and/or customer onboarding, preferably in a financial services environment
- Exceptional customer service ethic
- Target driven with strong appreciation of daily targets
- Highly proactive and self-starting, whilst also thriving in a team environment
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with well-developed skills in understanding and addressing customer needs
- Confident navigating different systems / technologies
- Flexibility to work a variety of shift patterns up to 10pm, including weekend and public holiday work
We are are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.