Senior Financial Accountant APAC
Position Title: Senior Financial Accountant APAC
Reporting Line: Group Financial Controller
Direct Reports: Accountant, Financial Administrator
Contract Type: Full-Time
Location: Australia, Melbourne or Sydney
Starting Date: ASAP
About Assembly Payments and Currency Fair
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
The Senior Financial Accountant key role is to support the Group Financial Controller and the CFO in the delivery of timely and accurate financial information focusing primarily on the Asia Pacific region. The person filling this role will be a key senior financial representative in the APR and offer support to business.
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller and the CFO in the delivery of timely and accurate financial information focusing primarily on the Asia Pacific region.
- Manage monthly financials including P&L, balance sheet and cashflow on a complete accurate and timely basis
- Manage accurate and timely accounting journals, bank recs and controls along with balance sheet reconciliations at month end for review process. Ensure reconciling items are followed up and managed within expected timelines.
- Ensure financial records are organised and filed in line with agreed process across the group
- Provide an analytical interpretation and commentary on monthly financials, budgets & forecasts, and labour analysis reports
- Assisting auditors’ inquiries during interim and at the year-end auditing time. This applies to Internal & External and regulatory audits.
- Supporting the development of integrated financial processes and business systems that support financial activities including migration to new ERP system in due course
- Coordinating the development, implementation and ongoing management of policies and procedures to improve financial operations that are efficient, effective and are presented in nonfinancial terms for ease of use.
- Identifying processes that need to be improved and working with the team to develop procedures
- Meeting all regional financial and risk compliance requirements in respect of taxes; risk management; internal/external audits; funding acquittals, insurance and regulatory arrangements
- Supporting Group Financial Controller and the CFO with ah hoc tasks and projects.
- Advanced information systems knowledge and ability to drive efficiency and productivity of processes
- High level of accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong coordination skills and be effective at multitasking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – this role will entail regular interaction with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to build strong relationships will be key.
- Strong team player – as a member of a small finance team the willingness to work together to achieve our targets is crucial
- Clear drive and ambition for personal and career development
- Management of a small team within Finance
- Finance Team
Essential Skills & Experience
Subject matter knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent majoring in Commerce/Finance
- Professional qualification such as CA, CPA, or CFA
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Financial and Management Accounting role ideally with some experience in the Fintech or financial services sector.
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude
- High level of commercial acumen
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure - due to the international time zones - flexible availability at times will be required
- Experience in model creation and platform migration would be a bonus
- Advanced computer software skills, including writing macros in Excel and other accounting packages
Skills and characteristics
- Good communication skills
- Investigative mindset
- Continuous improvement orientated
- Confident working on your own and as part of a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and prioritising to achieve set deadlines
- Friendly and confident when dealing with suppliers and colleagues
What we offer in return
- Global market exposure in an agile organization where your ideas and contributions will have a strong impact on the company’s growth and success.
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn and grow alongside high calibre talented professionals.
- A collaborative and flexible work environment. Enjoy a hybrid work environment with the opportunity to work remotely or in our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, India and Manila.
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring consistent professional development and opportunities.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer Commitment
CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any specific assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let your recruiter know as part of your application and we will be happy to provide dedicated support.