About Assembly Payments and Currency Fair
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced communications professional, perhaps coming from an agency background or maybe already working within the fintech sector, to help build and develop a hands-on, forward-thinking, global public relations and communications strategy. The newly-merged CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments is growing fast and there are lots of ground-floor opportunities to develop a new brand, engage with the media, manage agencies, demonstrate and execute on thought-leadership and add value in an exciting and rapidly growing sector. We welcome creative thinkers, problem solvers and positive, can-do attitudes!
- Develop strategic communication plans and execute for multiple external audiences, with a focus on key message delivery, engagement, positive brand affinity and leadership credibility, underscoring the Group’s position as the leader in the payments and money transfer sectors.
- Manage global public relations agencies – with specific emphasis initially on Australia and UK/Ireland - including briefings, campaign development, press release ideation and development and reporting back on key metrics and KPIs.
- Build creative story angles and pitches targeting top-tier trade, fintech and business media, leveraging (but not limited to) thought leadership, brand messaging, product announcements, awards, local events, campaigns, company research and industry trends; work with content and creative teams to create supporting assets.
- React quickly to inbound media requests and assist leadership for media interviews.
- Develop proactive communications strategies for managing challenges and any potential crises possible for a scaling business operating in the fintech space.
- Carry out regular news analysis on industry trends and competitors to identify opportunities and develop reactive and proactive press pitches.
- Prepare PR reports for internal and external stakeholders by collecting, analysing, and summarising campaign results and date.
- Contribute to internal communications planning and execution.
Skills and Experience Required
- Min 7- 8 years of PR experience with a focus on building brand reputation
- Significant agency management necessary
- Previous experience of managing all functions of PR, including major announcements, product launches and pitching to journalists
- Ability to cross-collaborate with the wider marketing team
- Strong track record driving proactive and reactive media relations strategy and execution
- Experience working within a regulated industry. Able to identify potential reputational issues, whether from external developments (such as proposed legislation and geo-political developments) or associated with the company’s own policies, products, and services.
- Well versed in social media communications and monitoring, with proven record of using top platforms to analyse data and trends.
- Have a current, active and relevant network of media and industry contacts
- Relevant fintech PR background is a strong advantage
- People management skills will be a distinct advantage as the role grows
- An excellent focused writer and communicator who is committed to simple, clear and creative ways of communicating.
- Exceptional writing, positioning, and messaging skills
- Must be able work autonomously as well as collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to think creatively and desire to push past the status quo.
- Ability to work creatively with senior stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt in a changing environment, be flexible and open-minded.
What we offer in return
Global market exposure in an agile organization where your ideas and contributions will have a strong impact on the company’s growth and success.
A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn and grow alongside high calibre talented professionals.
A collaborative and flexible work environment.
Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring consistent professional development and opportunities.
We an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will be happy to provide support.