About Assembly Payments and Currency Fair
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
The CF data science team is responsible for supporting the leadership team’s strategy by providing insight based on our data and using this data to supports the business in:
- Understanding our data, creating models that will drive bottom line profitability or support the risk infrastructure within the group
- Managing a customer-level attribution model based on cooperative game theory methods and refocusing efforts to reduce marketing costs whilst increasing revenue
- Reorganising our analytics infrastructure and dev practices to use Unix tools and principles (e.g. make, cookie cutters, git, gpg) to automate our workflows
- Building customer retention and CLV models to understand key demographic and behavioural drivers
Our tech stack is Python / TensorFlow / Ubuntu / AWS / SQL Server / MySQL / Oracle / Tableau and we have a dedicated analytics infrastructure in place which combines app, trade and clickstream data in a unified view.
As part of the team you will work across all parts of the business including operations, risk management, marketing and product development. You will combine modern development practices and machine learning methods to produce timely, actionable reports to support the growth strategy of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using various analytics approaches gain a deep understanding of the behaviour of our customers and use this knowledge to identify and provide actionable high-impact insights for all departments to drive better decision making
- Build predictive churn and customer lifetime value models for our marketing team
- Create models to help drive down fraud at onboarding understanding patterns and onboarding behaviours to highlight unusual trends
- Optimise marketing efforts through targeting, segmentation/clustering and attribution
- Manage split tests to optimise customer acquisition & trading funnels
- Work with all departments to understand how data can support their business units to drive better decision making, reduce risk and/or improve bottom line profitability
Experience and Qualifications
- We are looking for a motivated, mathematically-minded and pragmatic scientist who's equally versed in programming and statistics.
- 2+ years commercial experience working as a data scientist or similar
- BSc in Maths, Physics, Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years’ experience (doesn't have to be professional) using R or Python or similar
- Expert level SQL skills
- Familiar with open source-style software development practices, e.g. knowledge of git & PR-based workflows
- Experience using Tableau or similar
- You love joining up the dots, making sense of complex and noisy data and communicating insights to others
- Excellent communication skills
- You've a few machine learning projects under your belt
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new every day, alongside amazing professionals
- A fun and flexible work environment
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs
CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any specific assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let your recruiter know as part of your application and we will be happy to provide dedicated support.