Business Development Manager UK EMEA
About CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
About the role
As a Business Development Manager you will be accountable for growing the leads pipeline through proactively developing outbound and strategic referral partnerships. You will also be responsible for achieving results in line with KPI’s and revenue targets, collaborating with marketing on demand generation strategies and tactics, tracking prospecting activities, and driving pipeline growth and sales results.
Appealing to an experienced, hungry self starter, with a proven track record of commercial wins in the Europe payments industry. As a Business Development Manager with a hunter mentality, you will bring new ways to thrive in our fast-paced, high-activity environment. In our sales teams you will build pipelines and use your payments knowledge and professional network to help propel your career to the next level.
- Present the CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments products suite to C-Suite stakeholders & be able to articulate our strong value proposition and services benefits to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Generate new business opportunities by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify potential customers or partners
- Utilise solution selling tactics, ask strong discovery questions, uncover pains & problems from customers using a range of sales methodologies
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to our customers for their payment & FX requirements
- Achieve significant revenue growth as a key outcome of your converted sales opportunities in line with KPI’s
- Work directly with cross-functional teams (sales engineering, product & marketing) to discover & create new opportunities for growth
- Generate strong relationships through events outside of your core hours such as Expo’s, MeetUps, Industry Panels, Industry influencers and key lead channels
- Contribute to ad-hoc team projects that will further shape and refine our sales initiatives & growth in the region & globally
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing Sales/Acquisition capacity within a payment/FinTech organization & a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- A true hunter with a passion for payments & experience with full-cycle sales management from lead generation to merchant go-live implementation
- Strong technical background/knowledge with a focus on API and integration/payment gateway technologies, able to build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Excellent presentation, diplomacy & negotiation skills with outstanding verbal & written communications, developing proposals & decks for customer/prospects presentations
Ideal Additional Skills & Experience
- Experience working independently within a fast-paced, high-growth & agile environment, self driven and outcome-oriented (Internet/Software companies)
- Tech Stack: CRM (SalesForce, HubSpot) G-Suite, Slack, Atlassian Suite (Confluence & Jira)
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday, alongside amazing professionals
- A fun and flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com