Senior Accountant (Invoicing & Reconciliation)
About CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant (Invoicing & Reconciliation) with a hands-on, can-do attitude to join the team and help deliver our exciting future. This Senior Accountant role will manage the business’s financial and treasury systems and practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing, reviewing and issuing invoices ensuring accuracy at all times
- Price list updates for new customers and updates for existing customers
- Collecting receivables
- Responding to customer invoicing/reporting queries
- Producing revenue modelling reports for Sales and forecasting teams
- Administration of bank accounts
- Customer Funds cash and liability reconciliation and management
- Understand, manage and recommend improvement to procedures and processes
- Ensure ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting statutory obligations
- Oversee the invoicing and reconciliation requirements of group corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Streamlining invoicing and customer liability reconciliation functions and operations and improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Manage the Group’s cash flows within available facilities, providing reporting to the Group Financial Controller
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintaining of an orderly accounting filing system
- Additional duties as directed
- Manage and mentor more junior team members
- Bachelor's or equivalent majoring in Commerce/Finance
- Studying or completed CA/CPA accounting qualification
Ideal Additional Skills & Experience
- Experience in a payments Fintech highly desirable
- Good understanding of ERPs systems
- Have exceptional organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Be able to think conceptually and look for opportunities for improvement
- Have an ability to communicate effectively and influence stakeholders at varying levels
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organisation where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success.
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday, alongside amazing professionals.
- A fun and flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs.
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com