Product Manager Cards - APAC
About CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
About the role
As Product Manager for Payments, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end management, execution, growth and scale of our payment acceptance and related components.
This role is a global role and you will work with teams across multiple timezones to help CurrencyFair andAssembly Payments become a global leader in financial services across all the markets we operate in.
You will work across the organisation to build product features, understand customer use cases, help CurrencyFair andAssembly Payments grow its global footprint, actively reduce costs and increase revenue related to the Payments product line. You are the go-to person for how Assembly’s payments products function, interact and connect with CurrencyFair andAssembly Payments other products and services.
You’ll work closely with customers, as well as our product & technology teams to design and build our payment abstractions and systems. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in Melbourne and collaborate with our global engineering teams in India and the Philippines.
What we want you to bring to the team
As a Product Manager, your role is crucial to the success of helping our customers do what they do best. You take a customer-first mindset to solving problems and don’t settle for “good enough”, you aim for awesome. You help other colleagues understand why something is important and worth doing. You tell stories about our customers to help the business understand who we are, what we do and who we do it for. You build products that scale and customers love.
Like us, you’re a payments nerd and you care about the problems you’re solving and work across the business to solve them while having fun along the way.
The ideal Product Manager has led technical teams before, especially on complex or large scale platforms servicing a global customer base. You have extreme attention to detail and communicate complex concepts clearly and simply. You want to see our customers succeed and build products that are elegant, beautiful and robust.
- Manage the end-to-end success of our card products across multiple geographies.
- Build and grow a geographically dispersed team who works across multiple timezones.
- Work closely with the Product & Technology teams to understand capabilities, and define, refine and grow our payment products.
- Work closely with the Sales, Customer Relationship and Marketing teams to ensure they have what they need to present our products on the front line.
- Own the roadmap for your products including prioritisation, break-fix, customer requests and backlog items.
- Be the primary contact for your products and the subject matter expert on
- Ensure scalable knowledge management practices within the team by using and promoting scalable tools like Jira, Confluence and others.
- Be an expert in card schemes, batch payments, fast rails, cross border, alternative payments, digital wallets and the future of payments.
Skills & Experience
- You have built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale.
- Experience working on a large scale platforms or infrastructure.
- A computing, math, or science degree or software engineering experience.
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with technology, sales, operations, design and marketing.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- You have experience managing complex technical products from idea to shipping.
- You foster a fun working environment and help people go better than their best.
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration.
- Beyond releasing new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and manage releases across our customer segments and portfolios.
In return we are offering
- A company culture with an innovative mindset where your ideas have the potential to create change.
- A fun and flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary packages.
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com