Junior Software Engineer
About CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
The Engineering Team
The Engineering team consists of 12 Agile Scrums collaborating to deliver the AP Platform. They compose 8 Delivery Teams, one Data Engineering team, one SRE Team, Security team. DevOps and security are embedded in the Delivery teams, supported by the specialised teams who deliver framework services and coaching for the teams.
This is a full stack hands on developer role, covering multiple technical boundaries, in a high growth environment that demands attention to detail and a desire to provide excellence in all areas of responsibility. You will be deeply involved in architectural planning and control over the future of the technical implementation of our systems.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
· Degree in Computing Science or a mathematical/scientific subject
· Good communication skills in oral English both within IT and with business users
· Essential Java8+ knowledge with exposure to
- Dependency Injection / IoC frameworks, such as Spring
- JDBC, JPA and Hibernate. Knowledge of other O/R mapping frameworks a plus
- Object Serialization, such as Thrift/Protobuf
- Agile development methodology, including TDD/BDD and CI/CD
· Relational database, such as Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL
· Good UNIX / Linux experience
· Clouding based knowledge, such as Docker, Amazon AWS, Terraform
Ideal Additional Skills & Experience
Experience of one or more of the following:
o PHP7.2+ knowledge with understanding of PHP-FPM
o NodeJS, TypeScript, ReactJS or VueJS
· Secure programming knowledge - common threats and how to avoid writing exploitable code
· Remittance/Payment/Forex business knowledge
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success.
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday, alongside amazing professionals.
- A fun and flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs.
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com