Senior Software Engineer
About CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments
In April 2021, CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments announced we were merging to create a new global financial services group. Assembly Payments, founded in 2013, has been one of the fastest growing fintechs in Australia, with a presence in Singapore, India, Philippines and the US. Specialising in building automated payment workflows, with APIs, to reduce the complexity of running both traditional and digital-native businesses. CurrencyFair, founded in 2010 and with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia, is the global cross-border payments fintech that serves individuals and businesses with international payments and currency exchange through their proprietary global platform.
Our combined business of 170 people, growing to 450 by 2025, is expanding our presence across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East, and North America. We are hiring skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of a new company, a new brand and a new force in financial services. The CurrencyFair brand will continue as the home for consumers and small businesses who want faster, cheaper foreign exchange, while CurrencyFair Enterprise and Assembly Payments will merge, creating a new global brand catering to mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services – including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and much more.
The Engineering Team
The Engineering team consists of 12 Agile Scrums collaborating to deliver the AP Platform. They compose 8 Delivery Teams, one Data Engineering team, one SRE Team, Security team. DevOps and security are embedded in the Delivery teams, supported by the specialised teams who deliver framework services and coaching for the teams.
- Provide technical solution design (arch diagrams) and enable discussions with peers (SRE, Data etc)
- Develop technical designs and conduct reviews (IPRs)
- Ensure code follows agreed style and security standards and is well documented.
- Provide technical solution design and break down work for the team.
- Fix bugs in existing code.
- Use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software and value to end customers as early as possible.
- Pair with PO to provide smooth tech breakdown of cards
- Run Spikes/investigations needed for the tech solutions and break down cards further for the team
People & Stakeholder Management
- Act as a mentor for less experienced peers sharing both your technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Coaching and enabling the team to learn new tech in collaboration with peers
- One on one mentoring for grads/juniors
- Cross functional view of the project so ensuring collaboration with Product, Operations, Payments and so on.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience building Web applications at scale
- Strong background in agile software development
- Experience in designing systems from scratch
- Experience in improving observability of services
- Strong Ruby proficiency, additional language such as Go experience highly favourable
- Proficient in AWS platform
Ideal Additional Skills & Experience
- Payments experience is a plus
- Experience of working in financial services, payments or a regulated industry would be advantageous
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success.
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday, alongside amazing professionals.
- A fun and flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs.
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com